It’s January and chances are you’ve got a cold (or are recovering from one).
So staying true to the saying, ‘feed a cold, starve a flu’, we’ve rounded up five of the most cold-busting ingredients to keep your body nourished this Winter.
1. Garlic. An unsung hero of nutrition, garlic contains allicin, a powerful anti-bacterial agent. Not a fan of the taste? Try garlic capsules for the same health benefits.
2. Blueberries. Blueberries are rich in vitamin C (as are citrus fruits and kiwis) and help your body fight a cold.
3. Spinach. The mother of all super foods, spinach is packed with immune-boosting antioxidants such as beta-carotene. (Get your spinach fix with our delicious baked spinach bake).
4. Ginger. Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a natural treatment for colds and flu around Asia. Its great for soothing sore throats and reducing inflammation of mucus membranes.
5. Tea. All tea—black, green, or white—contains a group of antioxidants known as catechins which help boost your immune system. Sinking into your favourite brew is also great for relieving chest congestion (as well as boosting morale!).
Give your body the nutrition it needs and keep your body fighting fit this cold season!