The news you’ve all been waiting for is here – beer can actually be good for your health. Let’s look at the top health benefits!
- Rich in vitamins B3, B6 and B9. These vitamins are vital for cell repair and cancer prevention.
- Keeping stress at bay. Beer, in moderation, has been shown to reduce stress levels.
- A lowered risk of diabetes. Beer drinkers are about 30% less likely to develop type-2 diabetes.
- Stronger bones. The occasional beer is thought to increase bone density.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease. Studies have shown that moderate beer drinkers are actually less likely to suffer from heart disease than wine or whiskey drinkers.
- Keeps your gut moving. Beer is a good source of soluble fibre which will keep your food moving on through the digestive system.
- Helps ward off Alzheimer’s and parkinson’s disease. New studies show that a compound found in hops (female flowers of the hop plant found in beer) may help protect you from these diseases.
- Boosts your immune system. Studies have shown that beer drinkers are three times less likely to catch a cold than non-beer-drinkers. It is thought that this is due to the antioxidants found in beer.
So go ahead and order that beer!